Graduate Assistant (GA)
Applications are being accepted for temporary position(s) for the 2013-14 academic year.
Duties: Assist in Anth 151, 152 and/or 215/215L, as well as upper division courses as needed. TAs assigned to 151 and 152 are expected to lead discussion sections. TAs assigned to 215/215L are expected to run 215 labs.
• Academic excellence
• Evidence of timely progress in the program
• Full-time graduate student in anthropology
• Sufficient background in both cultural and archaeology (for 151 and 152 TAs)
• Sufficient training in biological or physical anthropology (for 215/215L TAs)
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Undergraduate-level teaching experience
• Faculty recommendations reflect academic excellence
Monthly Salary (half time): $1577.50 MA level; $1706.00 PhD level
To Apply: Applications will be accepted by email only. Submit a letter of application stating how you meet the MQs and DQs, GA Application Form, and Annual Progress Report as pdf files to email@example.com. Three references should email their letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions and Criteria for selecting TAs (pdf)
GA Application Form (excel version)
GA Application Form (PDF version)
Closing Date: Continuous Recruitment. Applications received by May 1, 2013 will be given priority.
Appointments are contingent upon position clearance and availability of funds.
page last updated April 17, 2013